About Police Expo
Police expo is a UNIQUE B2G FORUM to facilitate B2G meetings in Homeland Security. In addition to showcasing cutting-edge technological solutions, the expo extends opportunity to exhibiting organisations to get their product/ technology/ solutions EVALUATED from the Government Screening Committee, which could help them in exploring meetings with CAPFs & State Police Forces to undertake field trials and pilot projects.
The economic benefit of effective policing, to prevent crime, is obvious. But so are the broader benefits to a nation. The vulnerable are protected, citizens are more productive, and businesses are more likely to invest where they feel secure. The path to achieving the country’s target of USD 5 trillion economy will be facilitated through critical transformation of Law Enforcement Agencies.
Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India in partnership with Haryana Police Police and FICCI is organising Police Expo 2020 in Gurugram, Haryana from March 5-6, 2020 at Apparel House, Institutional Area, Sector 44, Gurugram, Haryana, in order to showcase cutting-edge technological solutions in the area of homeland security and to expose young police officers with these advancements.
Police Expo 2020 will be focusing on the following aspects -
- Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of India a $5 trillion economy achievable only in a peaceful environment, ensured by a modern and efficient police force.
- Showcase some of the initiatives and best practices in SMART Policing undertaken by Law Enforcement Agencies and boost the confidence of citizens in Police Forces. This can also boost the confidence of investors (especially foreign investors) in the State.
- Exhibit latest technology and solutions in areas such as Body Armour, Mine Protection Vehicle, Non-Lethal Technologies, Advanced Weapons, Communication Equipment, Surveillance Equipment, Border & Coastal Security, Unmanned Vehicle (UAVs, Drones, Counter Drone), Cyber Security and cyber-crime management solutions, and, Big data & Predictive Analytics
- To meet the emerging challenges faced by law enforcement agencies, new technologies/ equipment must be acquired. At present, there is no platform where exhibition of homeland security products, screening & field trials, and, product evaluation could take place. These activities will be undertaken at the Police Expo.
- Get a diverse set of quality ideas from various stakeholders for improving Policing.
- Promote Make-in-India for Homeland Security products in the State.
The Expo will showcase solutions broadly in following areas:
- New Age Body Armour
- Mine Protection Vehicles (MPV)
- Less Than Lethal Technologies
- Advance Weaponry (OFB Make)
- Latest Communication Equipment including Satellite Telephone
- Surveillance Equipment (Day & Night)
- Light Weight Boats for Coastal Security
- Drone & Anti-Drone Technologies
- Cyber Security/ Cyber Crime management
- Big Data & Predictive Analytics
1st edition of Police Expo was jointly organised by BPR&D and FICCI in July 26-27, 2018 and it was clubbed with the two-day National Conference for Young Superintendents of Police (States/UTs) and Commandants of CAPFs. The Theme of the Exposition and Conference was “Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces”.
Key Highlights of Police Expo 2018:
- Programme inaugurated by Shri Rajnath Singh, Hon’ble Minister of Home Affairs, Govt. of India
- Conference aimed at “Predictive Policing & Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces”
- Exhibition focused on the above-mentioned areas and deliverables towards adoption of best technological solutions in police forces.
- Young Superintendents of Police participated in the programme
- Other parallel activities – policy roundtables, workshops, meetings etc.